Sienna is a chic utility jacket inspired by vintage French workwear. Designed for hard-wearing use by makers and artists, it functions as both stylish outerwear and a highly practical layer for use inside the studio.
With a slightly dropped shoulder, Sienna features a crisp notched collar which can be worn buttoned at the neck with an optional snap button. It is unlined and finished with durable seams.
Views A & B feature deep hip pockets, a hidden breast pocket and waist- cinching belt with D ring closure that can be worn closed, or open by looping the belt in the opposite direction; View A hits at mid thigh and View B ends at upper thigh. View C is a short chore jacket with button closure, optional sleeve pockets and a back button placket.
Sewing level: Intermediate
*See images for more sizing information and fabric requirements.
Suggested Fabric: Durable woven fabrics like denim, twill, canvas and heavyweight linen.
- View A (Full length jacket) size 0-8 = 3.75yd / 3.5m, 10-14 = 4 yd / 3.75m, 16-20 = 4.5yd / 4.1m
- View B (Mid length jacket) size 0-8 = 3.5yd / 3.2m, 10-14= 3.75yd / 3.5m, 16-20 = 4 yd / 3.75m
- View C (Cropped jacket) size 0-8 = 2.75yd / 2.5m, 10-14 = 3yd / 2.75m, 16-20 = 3.25yd/3m
- View A (Full length jacket) size 0-8 = 3yd / 2.75m, 10-14 = 3yd / 3m, 16-20 = 3.5yd / 3.2m
- View B (Mid length jacket) size 0-8 = 2.75yd / 2.5m, 10-14 = 3yd / 2.75m, 16-20 = 3.25 yd / 3m
- View C (Cropped jacket) size 0-8 = 2yd / 1.85m, 10-14 = 2.25yd / 2m, 16-20 = 2.5yd / 2m
- Lightweight non-stretch fusible interfacing (Sizes 0-20: View A = 1.25yd, View B = 1 yd, View C = .75yd, Sizes 14-30: View A & B = 1.25yds, View C =1 yd )
- Pocket lining (View C = .25yd)
- Thread (Topstitching thread optional)
- View A & B only: D rings or belt slider (1.5" / 38mm)
- View C only: Buttons or snaps - 9 x 5/8"
- Point turner and/or presser for collar
- Marking tool
- Optional notions: One set of snap buttons for collar, Bias tape for finishing seams, 5"/13cm twill tape or ribbon for hanging hook loop