Merchant & Mills : Workwear Denim : 11oz
Mid – heavy weight denim, in a fabulous mid blue shade. Can be used for an array of Merchant & Mills patterns.
This denim will continue to soften and lighten slightly upon continual washing.
Manufacturer : Merchant & Mills
Width : 68” wide/ 175cm wide
Content : 100% cotton
Weight : 370gsm/11oz
Fabric Care : Wash at 30 degrees with a non bio detergent, on a low spin
Fabric is priced per metre. 1 metre = 39 inches. Minimum cut is .5 metres for garment fabrics.
Suggested Mettler thread colour match: 0825 Navy
Pre-washing is recommended for your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. Doing the following may help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with non bio detergent on a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
- When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.