Merchant & Mills : TN31 Parka Pattern
*Please note that this pattern has been retired from the Merchant & Mills printed pattern collection and we will be unable to replenish our stock.
This is your LAST chance to add this piece and styling to your collection.
TN31 is a relaxed and versatile interpretation of the classic fishtail parka.
Lined or unlined it can work for all seasons. It has side pockets, front welt pockets, a back vent and optional drawstring waist.
Skill Level: Experienced
Sizes: This is a multi-size paper pattern in an envelope, including sizes 6 – 18.
*See images for more sizing information and fabric requirements.
- Dry Oilskin, Oilskin (lined version only), Tweed, Woollens, Cotton Drill, Cotton Canvas, Waterproofed Cottons and Linens. Using something like oilskin will ensure it keeps it structural shape, but it would look equally good in something more slinky like a Tencel Twill.
- For the neckline ribbing choose a rib that stretches by half again, i.e. 10cm piece stretches to 15cm.
- Barrier lining is recommended if you are making the oilskin version. Other lining options include brushed cotton, cotton poplin, or a medium weight slip lining in viscose or acetate.
- 6 x buttons, approximately 17-22mm
- 3.2 metres of drawstring cord
- Matching Thread
All seam allowances are 1.5cm unless otherwise stated. Neck has 1cm seam allowance.