The Fiona Sundress is a fitted button-up sundress with shoulder straps, princess seams, a straight cut skirt and fetching top-stitched details. Wear it on its own during warm weather months, or layer it over tees and turtlenecks as the weather cools.
View A features a bra-friendly bodice and midi length skirt with side slits. View B features crossed straps and a low back, with a mini or below knee length skirt. All skirts and bodices are completely interchangeable so you can mix and match the Fiona of your dreams.
Sewing level: Intermediate
*See images for more sizing information and fabric requirements.
Suggested Fabric: Medium weight wovens such as denim, twill, chambray, poplin, sateen and linen. Stretch wovens such as stretch sateen or stretch denim may also be used.
- View A (Midi length dress): size 0-8 = 2.5yd / 2.3m, 10-14 = 2.75yd / 2.5 m, 16-20 = 3 yd / 2.75m
- View B (Mini length): size 0-8 = 2yd / 1.85m, 10-14 = 2.25yd / 2m, 16-20 = 2.5 yd / 2.3m
- View C (Below knee length): size 0-6 = 2.25yd / 2m, 8-14 = 2.5yd / 2.3m, 16-20 = 2.75 yd / 2.5m
- View A (Midi length dress) size: 0-8 = 1.75yd / 1.6m, 10-14 = 2yd / 1.85 m, 16-20 = 2.25 yd / 2m
- View B (Mini length): size 0-8 = 1.5yd / 1.4m, 10-14 = 1.75yd / 1.6m, 16-20 = 2 yd / 1.85m
- View C (Below knee length): size 0-8 = 1.75yd / 1.6m, 10-14 = 2yd / 1.85 m, 16-20 = 2.25 yd / 2m
- Fusible interfacing (1 yd / 1m)
- 1/2" / 13mm - 5/8” / 16mm buttons or snaps (Mini = 15, Below knee = 17, Midi = 21)
- Marking tool
- Optional: topstitching thread for higher contrast details
- Optional: tailors ham, for pressing bust and back darts