Merchant & Mills : Canopy Organic Cotton Sanded Twill
Canopy is a khaki green. This organic cotton has a fine twill with a soft sanded finish on one side.
It would be ideal for trousers, dungarees and dresses that require some structure ie not a gathered waist, as well as lighter weight jackets and bag linings. It has a utility look and feel to it.
This cloth is Oeko-Tex certified.
Manufacturer : Merchant & Mills
Width : 59” wide/ 150 cm wide
Content : 100% Organic Cotton
Weight : 271 gsm/8 oz
Fabric Care : It is recommended to pre wash your fabric before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight canvas into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the canvas already wet.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop, ironing on a medium heat whilst still damp will help.
- Can be tumble dried on a low heat.
- Allow for 5% shrinkage.
- Due to the nature of the organic cotton yarn which is less refined and processed, there may be the odd white speck in this cloth.
- Iron on a medium heat.
- Do not tumble dry.
Fabric is priced per metre. 1 metre = 39 inches. Minimum cut is .5 metres for garment fabrics.