The Pietra Pants & Shorts are the best of both worlds; a flat front, high-waisted silhouette with the comfort of an elastic waist in the back. Featuring lengthening panels in the front with slanted hip pockets and a hidden waist stay, you’ll never want to take them off.
Choose between four leg styles: a wide leg in floor-skimming or cropped length (View A), a slim and tapered leg (View B), or gently flared shorts (View C).
Sewing level: Advanced beginner
Sizes: 0 - 20
*See images for more sizing information and fabric requirements.
Suggested Fabrics: This pattern can be made with a variety of fabrics depending on the desired effect. For a more defined shape, use structured wovens such as linen, chambray, or lightweight denim or twill (heavyweight wovens may create too much volume at the elastic waist). For a swishy, glamorous look, use rayon challis, tencel, or silk.
- View A - Full length pants: Sizes 0-20: 0-14 = 3.25yd / 3m, 16-20 = 3.5yd / 3.2m
- View A - Cropped pants: Sizes 0-20: 0-14 = 3yd / 2.75m, 16-20 = 3.25yd / 3m
- View B: Sizes 0-20: 0-8 = 2.5yd / 2.25m, 10-14 = 2.5yd / 2.25m, 16-20 = 3yd/2.75m
- View C: Sizes 0-20: 0-8 = 1.5yd / 1.4m, 10-20 = 1.75yd / 1.6m
- View A - Full length pants: Sizes 0-20: 0-14 = 2.5yd / 2.25m, 16-20 = 2.75 yd / 2.5m
- View A - Cropped pants: Sizes 0-20: 0-14 = 2.25yd / 2m, 16-20 = 2.5 yd / 2.25m
- View B: Sizes 0-20: 0-8 = 2yd / 1.85m, 10-20 = 2.25yd / 2m
- View C: Sizes 0-20: All sizes = 1.25yd / 1.15m
- 2” (50mm) wide elastic (1 yd / .9m)
- Lightweight non-stretch fusible interfacing (.25 yd / .25m)
- Marking tool