Nothing says summer elegance quite as well as a dramatic caftan. Get Caftan Body ready with Charlie, a fresh take on this warm weather staple.
All versions feature a deep V neckline, kimono sleeves, inset center panel and roomy pockets. View A is modern and architectural with striking pleats beneath the bust. For a softer, more romantic dress, Views B & C feature a gently gathered bodice with an optional waist tie for a figure skimming silhouette in two skirt lengths. You may also choose between a dramatically wide kimono sleeve, or one slightly higher cut for more coverage.
Sewing level: Advanced beginner
*See images for more sizing information and fabric requirements.
Suggested Fabric: Light to medium weight wovens such as linen, chambray, tencel, linen, silk, chiffon, rayon challis, crepe de chine, batiste and voile. .
- View A: size 0-6 = 2.25yd / 2m, 8-14 = 2.75 yd / 2.5m, 16-20 = 3 yd / 2.75m
- View B: size 0-6 = 2.5yd/2.3m, 8-14 = 2.75yd / 2.5m, 16-20 = 3 yd/2.75m
- View C: size 0-6 = 3.5yd/3.2m, 8-14 = 3.5yd / 3.2m, 16-20 = 4yd/3.75m
- View A: size 0-8 = 1.75yd / 1.6m, 10-14 = 2yd / 1.85m, 16-20 = 2.5yd / 2.25m
- View B: size 0-8 = 2.25yd/2m, 10-20 = 2.5yd / 2.25m
- View C: size 0-6 = 3.25yd / 3m, 8-20 = 3.5yd / 3.2m
- Lightweight fusible interfacing
- Marking tool