Merchant & Mills : Denim 14oz
Dense weave, heavyweight denim.
A fabulous old school cloth that will last forever and improve with wear. Great for interiors, bags, aprons and of course jeans!
14oz denim is suitable for the following pattern in Merchant & Mills Workbook: Haremere coat.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.
Manufacturer : Merchant & Mills
Width : 150cm wide
Content : 100% Cotton
Fabric Weight : 14oz/400gsm.
Fabric Care :
Wash at 40 degrees and separately for the first wash.
We recommend pre-washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
Fabric is priced per metre. 1 metre = 39 inches. Minimum cut is .5 metres for garment fabrics.