Sew House Seven : Burnside Bib Overalls Pattern
The Burnside Bibs are versatile overalls that can be dressed up or down. Shoulder straps transition to narrow ties with several options for tying.
The Burnside Bibs have two front bib options - a scooped neck or the traditional straight front. Both bibs work with either version #1 or version #2.
- Version #1 is a more fitted back pant with back waist darts and an invisible side zipper opening with less gathering in the back.
- Version #2 is a loose back pant that slips on over your hips and does not have a closure to sew. This version is fuller and more gathered in the back. Use your hip measurement to determine your size for version #2.
- Both versions also feature a front waistband, curved front patch pockets, optional back pockets, and cross-back straps that transition to narrower ties that thread through back waist belt loops forming back waist gathers. They may be tied in many ways - at the back, front or sides. The wide leg can be made full length or cropped.
Skill level: Intermediate
Sizes: This is a multi-size paper pattern that comes in two size ranges, please ensure your selection reflects desired fit.
*See images for more sizing information and fabric requirements.
Suggested Fabrics: For a dressed up version choose light to mid-weight woven fabrics such as Tencel, linen, wool gabardine, or sandwashed silk.
For a casual version choose denim, canvas, or cotton twill.
- 12" invisible zipper required for version #1
- Lightweight fusible interfacing
- 7-9"/18-23 cm invisible zipper (Version #1 only), thread, lightweight fusible interfacing (see Fabric Requirements for amounts)
- Fabric scissors, iron & ironing board, straight pins, tailors chalk, hand sewing needle