Noodlehead : Sandhill Sling Backpack Pattern
Sew this sling style bag to carry your daily necessities or to take for travel.
It’s convenient sling design allows for easy access as well as being out of the way when you’re not using it.
Compact yet roomy enough for the essentials.
Choose from a front zippered pocket (View A) or a patch pocket (View B), both come in handy for quick access to smaller items. An adjustable strap makes it easy to wear. Ideal for biking or daily use!
Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced Beginner
Approx. Finished Dimensions: 7” wide by 3” deep, 11” tall [17.8 cm x 7.6 cm x 28 cm]
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- 5/8 yard Exterior Fabric
- 5/8 yard Lining Fabric (includes interior pocket)
- 1 ¼ yards (1 ½ if making fabric strap) Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101-20”/51 cm-wide)
- (1) 18”/40.6 cm head-to-head handbag zipper*^ for top closure
- (1) 10”/25.4 cm handbag zipper*^ for front pocket closure (View A) OR 14mm magnetic snap/size 24 metal spring snap (View B)
- 1”-wide d-ring AND 1 ½”-wide strap slider AND 1 ½”-wide swivel snap [25mm d-ring, 38mm strap slider and swivel snap]
- 1.5 yards of 1 ½”-wide cotton webbing OR ADD ¼ yard to Exterior fabric requirement (1 yd total) for making a fabric strap
Canvas (8-10 oz. weight) for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton or lightweight canvas for lining.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, (optional) glue or glue pen or 1/4"-wide fusible web tape, (optional for interior pocket) ¼ yard of ¼”-wide elastic, setting tool if using spring snap