Cashmerette : Washington Dress Pattern
Mixing the comfort of a knit bodice with the fabric possibilities of a woven skirt, the Washington Dress gives you the freedom to play with colors and textures, for a look that’s uniquely you.
Like all Cashmerette Patterns, the bodice comes in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, and G/H), which makes fitting a cinch!
Style wise, the Washington Dress gives you endless design options. The knit bodice features a figure-enhancing scoop neckline and three sleeve variations: short, three-quarter, or full length. The A-line skirt cleverly combines woven fabric with a heavy knit yoke, eliminating the need for closures and allowing you to comfortably slip the dress over your head. For additional tummy control, the front yoke can be made from a woven fabric.
Skill Level : Advanced beginner.
Sizes : 12 to 28, in three cup sizes (C/D, E/F, G/H)
The bodice of this dress is designed to be close fitting, so if you want a more skimming fit, we recommend going up a size in the bodice.
*See images for more sizing information and fabric requirements.
- Bodice: Light to midweight knit fabric such as jersey or ITY with at least 50% crosswise stretch.
- Yoke: Heavy knit fabric such as ponte or scuba. For more support, make from a mid to heavyweight woven.
- Skirt: Mid to heavyweight woven fabric, such as cotton, linen, canvas, or upholstery fabric.
- ballpoint or stretch needle
- universal needle
- 1.5 yards (1.4 meters) of clear 1/4 inch (6mm) elastic (optional).