Closet Core Patterns : Ebony Knit Dress & T-Shirt Pattern
An elegant basic featuring a fluidly draped silhouette, the Ebony Tee is a versatile wardrobe staple you’ll want to wear every day.
Make a swingy knit dress or modern cropped top, with your choice of scoop or jewel neckline, and long or 3/4 sleeves. For the ultimate leggings companions, make an Ebony tunic, with a cascading hem and short raglan sleeves. All necklines are finished with a knit band.
Sewing level: Beginner
*See images for more sizing information and fabric requirements.
Suggested Fabric: Make a fluid, drapey tee with light to medium-weight knits with at least 30% crosswise stretch, such as rayon, cotton, silk, merino & linen jerseys. A more sculptural Ebony can be made with sturdier fabrics like ponte and scuba knits.
- View A: size 0-6 = 2yd/1.8m, 8-14 = 2.25yd/2mm, 16-20 = 2.5yd/2.3m
- View B: size 0-6 = 1.25yd/1.2m, 8-20 = 1.5yd/1.4m
- View C: size 0-12 = 1.75yd/1.6m, 14-20 = 2yd/1.8m
- Stretch or jersey needle
- 1/4” wide clear elastic or twill tape to stabilize shoulder seams for Views A & B
- Optional: double needle to finish hems