Cashmerette : Chilton Trench Coat Pattern
Classic tailoring gets a curve-friendly update with the Chilton Trench Coat! This timeless fully lined coat pattern features a single-breasted bodice, two hem lengths, belted waist, and a kick pleat on view A.
An ideal fit is easily within reach, thanks to sleek princess seams and a comfortable two-part sleeve design. Sophisticated details, such as its two-part collar, cape, epaulettes, and double topstitching, make the Chilton Trench Coat a brilliant addition to any outfit and the star of your wardrobe!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Sizes: 12 to 28, with cup sizes from C - H
- Main: Mid- to heavy-weight wovens, such as heavy cotton (gabardine or twill weave), or waterproof raincoat fabric. If using wool, use mid-weight only.
- Lining: Light- to mid-weight wovens, such as silk crepe de chine or polyester. Specialist linings like flannel-backed or Kasha satin can be used.
- Interfacing: Fusible mid-weight woven interfacing
- Universal needle
- regular thread
- topstitching thread (optional)
- 12 x 1” / 25 mm buttons, ideally shank buttons
- 1 pair of shoulder pads
- hand sewing needle
- 5” (13 cm) of twill tape (optional for hanging loop)
- ¾ yard (0.7 m) double fold bias tape (optional for finishing back facing)
Tools: Point turner, tailor’s ham or rolled up towel, sleeve board (optional), marking chalk, scalpel or buttonhole chisel.