Sewing Pattern : Smarty Girl Book Bag
This item is available as a ‘Last Chance’ item. Our current inventory is available while supplies last only.
Look smart with a Smarty Girl book bag - perfect for toting sketchpads, coloring books, or your next good read. Match a Smarty Girl book bag to a baby blanket, lap quilt, or shower gift. Fun-to-sew and quick, this project is perfect for beginning and advanced sewers alike.
Size: Bag area is approximately 10"w x 13"h x 2"d
Suggested fabrics: quilting-weight cotton, light-weight decorator fabric, and other light- to medium-weight woven fabrics.
Do not use stretchy fabrics such as knits nor wovens with lycra content.
• 5/8 yd fabric* for Bag Exterior & Strap
• 1/2 yd fabric* for Bag Lining
• 10"w x 5"h fabric* scrap or 1/4 yd for Bag Flap
• 15"w x 6"h fabric* scrap or 1/4 yd for Lower Ruffle
• 12"w x 4"h fabric* scrap or 1/8 yd for Upper Ruffle Left
• 8"w x 4"h fabric* scrap or 1/8 yd for Upper Ruffle Right
• 5/8 yd light-weight, fusible, woven interfacing, 44"+ wide
for Bag & Strap - or 1 1/4 yd if interfacing is 22" wide (optional)